Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Finding Geeks and Keeping Them Happy
Season 2 Episode 8
In this gem of an episode, our friend and loyal eGhead Jon Reed from JonERP.com joins Ed and Thomas as they discuss the subject of finding and retaining talented geeks. If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 66 minutes
- 00:15 – Random Chit Chat with Jon Reed
- 06:32 – What Jon has been up to
- 09:30 – SAP Talent: Are You Making The Most Out of Yours?
- 10:54 – Given the current economic situation, is there a problem retaining talent?
- 13:01 – Leveraging the Talent-Driven Organization (Free to download)
- 18:30 – Observing Patterns vs. Treating Humans as a Process
- 21:00 – Why challenge and creativity are more important factors than money
- 31:00 – Rewarding mediocrity is not a good way to retain talent
- 40:42 – A generation of straight-to-the-point communication
- 44:30 – Defining the right career paths
- 51:40 – Can SAP help their customers retain geeks?
- 54:45 – The importance of constant learning for consultants
- 57:00 – Identifying talent
- 62:00 – Wrap up