Season 2 Episode 10
In this episode, the guys break down the good, the bad, and the ugly about Apple and the iPad. If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 50 minutes
- 00:15 – Random Chit Chat
- 02:10 – ASUG meeting
- 05:30 – SAP Guidelines for Best-Built Applications
- 11:14 – The Apple iPad saga continues
- 29:56 – Is Apple Evil or just smart as Hell?
- 43:40 – Congrats to fellow Enterprise Geek Craig Cmehil and his 24 Marathon on Friday Morning Report
- 48:00 – Iron Man 2 eGeeks event at SAPPHIRE Orlando
Season 2 Episode 9
Join hosts Ed Herrmann and Thomas Jung in this podcast episode where they cover a little bit of everything from running SAP instances in the Amazon cloud to thoughts on how iPad-like devices may be used in the Enterprise. If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 53 minutes
- 00:15 – Thomas is on the road again
- 09:20 – Mastering SAP Technologies recap and photos
- 11:50 – Running SAP instances in the Amazon cloud
- 22:30 – Thomas is announced as Custom Development track lead for SAP Teched 10
- 25:19 – Looking forward to SAP SAPPHIRE NOW and Iron Man 2 on Sunday
- 33:55 – Additional comments on the Agile Development podcast
- 37:05 – Will the Apple iPad be relevant in the enterprise? What about others like the HP Slate
- 44:50 – There’s even an iPad compatible clothing line
- 51:20 – 2nd Annual 24 hour FMR Marathon for Doctor’s Without Borders
- 51:45 – @SirRockford, Gamers With Jobs, and the Extra Life 24-hour gaming marathon
Keeping with our recent topic of Agile Development, I recorded a round table discussion on the topic at the recent SAP Inside Track Sydney (which took place at the start of the Mastering SAP Technologies Conference). We had a really good discussion about Agile in the SAP space and I shared my experiences from working with the Web Dynpro ABAP foundation team, which was one of the SAP internal pilot teams for Agile during the 7.0 Enhancement Package 2 development cycle.
The Inside Track had four separate round table discussions going on at once and all in the same room. I boosted the audio levels on the recording but sometimes people farther away from the microphone asking questions or adding comments can be a bit difficult to hear.
Running Time: 50 minutes
SAPlink is an Open Source project from the Enterprise Geeks incubator. Recently, there has been some discussion on the SAP Community Network asking about the current status of the project. In an effort to improve and open communication on all things SAPlink, we bring to you this special SAPlink edition podcast. Enjoy!
Running Time: 21 minutes
Season 2 Episode 8
In this gem of an episode, our friend and loyal eGhead Jon Reed from JonERP.com joins Ed and Thomas as they discuss the subject of finding and retaining talented geeks. If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 66 minutes
- 00:15 – Random Chit Chat with Jon Reed
- 06:32 – What Jon has been up to
- 09:30 – SAP Talent: Are You Making The Most Out of Yours?
- 10:54 – Given the current economic situation, is there a problem retaining talent?
- 13:01 – Leveraging the Talent-Driven Organization (Free to download)
- 18:30 – Observing Patterns vs. Treating Humans as a Process
- 21:00 – Why challenge and creativity are more important factors than money
- 31:00 – Rewarding mediocrity is not a good way to retain talent
- 40:42 – A generation of straight-to-the-point communication
- 44:30 – Defining the right career paths
- 51:40 – Can SAP help their customers retain geeks?
- 54:45 – The importance of constant learning for consultants
- 57:00 – Identifying talent
- 62:00 – Wrap up