Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Agile Development
Season 2 Episode 7
Join the guys in this monster of an episode on the great topic of Agile Development in the Enterprise. Thomas and Ed are joined by fellow SAP Mentor, Dagfinn Parnas to discuss their experiences on real world agile projects within the SAP world. Agile is a mindset and requires a cultural shift, so listen in as the gang gives some useful tips and pointers on implementing these methodologies within your own team.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 78 minutes
- 00:17 – Random Chit Chat with Dagfinn Parnas
- 06:15 – SAP TechEd 2009: Dagfinn Parnas – The “Company of the Future”
- 08:00 – SAP TechEd 2009: Thomas Jung – Next Generation ABAP
- 10:15 – Setting up the stage for Agile Development in the Enterprise
- 12:35 – Agile mandate at SAP
- 18:00 – Bacon doughnuts, bacon gum, and candied bacon…yum
- 19:40 – Lean Manufacturing and Scrum Principles compared
- 28:30 – What does Agile look like at your company?
- 37:00 – Releasing to internal customers and the definition of “production ready” code
- 43:53 – Why agile development creates hyper-productive teams
- 47:27 – Why co-location is important when possible
- 50:00 – Minimize needless meetings and increase transparency
- 52:32 – Why most companies evolve into a waterfall process
- 56:02 – Taking points from the Agile Manifesto
- 59:25 – Is Agile in the Enterprise realistic or is a hybrid model the best way to start your cultural shift?
- 62:23 – Why corporate champions are important, but the lack thereof is no excuse to not get started on your own
- 67:00 – Coming back to the redefinition of roles in the project teams
- 69:57 – What can SAP do to help their customers be agile?