Enterprise Geeks Podcast – SAP Community Developer License
In big news for the developer community, SAP announced this week the availability of the new SAP Community Developer License. Get the latest scoop here on the Enterprise Geeks as Ed and Thomas put Mario Herger on the hot seat. Mario is on the SAP Technology Standards and Open Source team responsible for the soon available Code Exchange Platform.
This episode was originally planned to cover both the license announcement and the SAP IT Project Roles roundtable with Jon Reed and Leo De Araujo. Both sessions had so much great content, we wanted to make them both available separately in their entirety. Because of this decision, we have split this episode into two separate parts. You can listen to the second half of the episode here.
Dearest eGheads, we need your show ideas. If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 43 minutes
- 00:15 – Intro
- 07:53 – SAP Community Developer License with Mario Herger
- 09:07 Mario gives the scoop
- 11:56 What’s the difference in the Trial License and the Community License?
- 14:24 Can you “upgrade” your existing installed trial license to a community license without doing a reinstall?
- 17:22 Do you still have to renew your license every 90 days?
- 18:30 So what’s really changed?
- 21:54 Do you have to use SAP Code Exchange with the new license?
- 25:20 When can we expect the public availability of Code Exchange?
- 27:34 Can we expect to see the promotion of other platforms or Code Exchange only?
- 32:17 Shedding some light on the definition of what is or is not an Add-on
- 36:40 What is the future of the Subscription License?
- 39:43 – Closing thoughts