Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Code Reviews
Continuing the theme on coding standards, guidelines, and best practices, hosts Ed & Thomas break down the topic of code reviews. What is it, who needs them, and should you implement it in your development process? Find out the answers along with other entertaining topics in this great episode.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 72 minutes
- 00:15 – Random Chit Chat
- Thomas on Garage Sales
- Working from home and feeling like a shut in
- Code Vampire Monkeys and Code Zombies
- Do you BBS?
- 09:45 – More Teched Preparation
- 27:35 – Main Topic – Code Reviews in your development shop
- What is a code review and do we need them?
- The benefits of peer and architecture reviews
- Being practical and pragmatic in your process
- How do technology and development companies do reviews
- Standards and best practices
- 57:09 – Tweets of the Week
- @ccmehil – finally listening to enterprise geeks is it me or does @ewH sound more southern lately?
- @skeohan – @ewH Congrats to you AND your wife. I assume there will be much bling distributed this evening.
- @dhague – @chiprodgers Probably best if you don’t attend – better if you don’t know how the sausages are made http://bit.ly/13L5n2
- @monkchips – words guaranteed to turn me off: “please retweet”. utterly shite unless you’re going against a sicilian and death is on the line.
- @qmacro – @se38 “The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from” (Tannenbaum)
- @thorstenster – Reading about “flowbee” http://www.flowbee.com/ This is meant seriously. LMAO.
- @blag – Finally dream with TechEd…and ninjas…was a nice dream…many Mentors in there…I know I’m nuts but who cares -;)
- @blag – @jspath55 Sadly no -:( And I don’t remember the most of it…but maybe we can’t recreate it on Phoenix -;) Going to need a couple of ninjas