Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Development Guidelines and Coding Standards
Go get yourself a drink, get cozy, and enjoy this long but great podcast on some very timely topics. Hosts Ed and Thomas, join in with guest host and fellow Enterprise Geek, Rich Heilman, to discuss SAP TechEd, Singularity, and an in depth talk on development guidelines and coding standards.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 77 minutes
- 00:15 – Random Chit Chat
- 09:25 – Ray Kurzweil and Vishal Sikka: “The Accelerating Pace of Change”
- How will Singularity affect us personally?
- Does it relate to Enterprise software?
- Educational entertainment and keynote speakers
- 25:00 – Development Guidelines & Coding Standards
- Reading a tweet from @openczun
- What are coding guidelines and standards?
- Do customers need them?
- Who should create and maintain them?
- Official ABAP Programming Guidelines by Horst Keller, Wolf Hagen Thümmel coming October 2009
- ABAP Development Guidelines session at SAP TechEd
- The benefits of standards and why we need guidelines for guidelines
- What should and shouldn’t be included in guidelines and standards?
- The big need for application architecture best practices, design patterns, and style & usability guidelines
- SAP Mentor Leonardo De Araujo steps it up at TechEd in his session Best Practices in Development of Business Classes Using Object-Oriented ABAP in SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- MIT SAP Development Standards
- 61:16 – Wrap up