Enterprise Geeks Podcast – RIA and the Enterprise: When Worlds Collide
Well eGheads, it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for. Sit down and enjoy this must listen episode with Adobe Platform Evangelist, Ryan Stewart. Ed, Thomas, and Ryan cover a little bit of everything including comparisons of Adobe vs. SAP approach to reaching developers and the future of RIA in the SAP world.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 61 minutes
- 00:15 – Intro with Ryan Stewart
- Traveling around the world
- A little background
- Life of a Technology Evangelist
- 07:49 – Can SAP learn from Adobe’s growth of Flex and AIR
- 12:44 – RIA in the Enterprise
- How fast will adoption be for RIA technologies within the enterprise?
- Will the barrier to entry into SAP development scare off existing RIA developers away from the enterprise?
- After analytics and data visualization, what else will RIA help push forward?
- 26:38 – Current exciting technologies in the RIA world
- 30:38 – Talking SAP TechEd and Adobe MAX 2009
- 33:55 – Do designers and designer tools have a place in the enterprise?
- Intro to Flash Catalyst
- Will Flash Islands layer abstraction allow IT to utilize design centric RIA shops like Cynergy Systems and Universal Mind?
- Designer tools like Flash Catalyst and Microsoft Expression Blend for prototyping
- Other ideas for SAP and Adobe partnership like SAP theme UI add-ons and integration with SAP Visual Composer
- 49:13 – Ryan’s thoughts on Oracle buying Sun and the implications for JavaFX
- 52:10 – Closing Thoughts