Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Battle Royale: ABAP vs. Java
EGheads, this one is a keeper. In this episode, Ed and Thomas get down and dirty on the age old debate of ABAP vs. Java in the SAP world. Listen to find out our results of this mighty battle of the languages. This is definitely one episode you don’t want to miss.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 54 minutes
- 01:19 – What is your favorite geek energy drink? The eGeeks weapon of choice is Bawls
- 04:52 – Battle Royale: ABAP vs. Java – Round 1
- IBM buying Sun?
- What would that mean for Java?
- Future of Java overall and at SAP
- SAP’s current focus on ABAP
- SAP as a dual platform company causes ADD & schizophrenia
- 27:50 – More thoughts on SOA
- 31:20 – Battle Royale: ABAP vs. Java – Round 2
- 39:42 – This week’s iPhone 3.0 announcements
- iPhone 3.0 – Enterprise Ready?
- Push technology and Sybase
- Nice breakdown of the new features and comparison of iPhone 3.0 and Android (not on podcast, link only)
- 42:03 – MIX09
- Awesome virtual participation setup
- Silverlight 3.0
- Silverlight and SAP?
- Silverlight on the Desktop
- Microsoft promotes Deep Zoom by announcing 54 free issues of Playboy Archives
- Microsoft Expression Blend interactive design tool is looking really good
- Adobe Flash Catalyst is no slacker when it comes to tools for designers
- 52:02 – Closing thoughts and ramblings
- Tom wishes Ed happy birthday
- Tom is pumped up about the final episode of Battlestar Galactica