Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Transparency can be a Bitch
The hits just keep on coming! This week we pulled in another great guest, Jon Reed. Jon is a fellow SAP mentor and popular blogger from JonERP.com. Listen in to hear his great perspectives on the current and upcoming SAP job market trends, as well as some more thoughts on the future of SAP certifications.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 65 minutes
- Jon Reed intro
- Dennis Howlett – SAP Mentors will crush it for SAP
- Trends of SAP Job Skills market and the roles of Business Process Experts and Solution Architects
- What is the best project team structure to leverage these “new” roles?
- Are Solution Architects the Chief of the Surgical Development Team?
- SAP Mentor Webinar on SAP Certifications and the continuing controversy
- What was it all about?
- Transparency can be very helpful, but it can also be a bitch
- Job postings requiring certifications are still very low
- Can a multiple choice test accurately measure leadership, experience, and reputation?
- The answer may be the integration of complimentary programs like ASUG EDGE
- Could Certifications utilize an online college course format in a group environment?
- Is there an increase of jobs allowing telecommuting and remote work in a tough economy?
- Random thoughts on the Kindle 2
- Help us request Next Generation ABAP by Thomas Jung and Rich Heilman for the Kindle
- What would your first book on the Kindle be? Let us know in the comments.
- Special text to speech reading from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.