Enterprise Geeks Podcast – Islands in the Stream
In this episode, hosts Ed Herrmann and Thomas Jung talk with special guest Craig Cmehil. Craig talks about his prediction for more adoption of video and collaboration in 2009 and shares some sneak peek details about his special 24 hour live charity event. And of course, for all of our fellow SAP egheads, we share our views on SAP Flash Islands and what it means for future applications.
If you have questions, suggestions, or topic ideas for future episodes, give us a shout here. Enjoy!
Running Time: 42 minutes
- Guest host – Craig Cmehil
- Is SAP Flash Islands a game changer?
- Flash Islands and Cocomo
- Flash Islands and Ribbit
- Will it be an enabler to leverage some of the great RIA development shops like Cynergy and Universal Mind?
- Could SAP EcoHub serve as a Flash component marketplace?
- In the show, we talk about the limitations of getting Adobe AIR certificates as an individual developer, but after some reading, it looks like they are now available.
- Will we ever see islands for Silverlight, JavaFX, and OpenLaszlo?
- On the lighter side – Adobe Soundbooth CS4 transcripts not quite there yet
- Amazon Mechanical Turk may one day become a Collaborative Human Interpreter
- Special SAP Press Conference – Wednesday, February 4, 2009